LFIT School Council Feedback -19/11/2018
English Summary :
The main points of the School Council of November 2018, 19th were as follow :
- The “school project” (Projet d’établissement) developed last year has been adopted.
- The Pedagogical Council has decided to extend the evaluation without a grade (for the grade transcript) to the classes of 5ème
- The proposal for a school calendar for 2019-20 is adopted. It will have to be validated by the AEFE and the definitive calendar will probably be known in spring
- Modification of the travel rules: your representatives voted against the non-reimbursement of the remaining funds and asked for the presentation of a financial report after each SPAN (educational out trip with overnight stay)
- Questions of the school staff related to the travel rules; the possible establishment of English language groups – the management was reassuring on this point ; the opening of the US International Section at the college (scheduled for September 2021); on measures envisaged to increase the capacity of the High school
- The questions of your representatives related to the results of the efforts of the school to increase the number of teachers likely to provide replacements in French classes; on the waiting list for enrollment in primary school (19 of which 8 in kindergarten, no child of French nationality); the measures to lighten the schoolbags (adoption of the sorter for classes of 6ème, brainstorming in progress on the transition to the digital); the modalities to join English project in the Junior High School.