Questions for Secondary school council and School Council
With the start of the new school year behind us, it’s time for the first councils and commissions!
Wednesday October 11 will see the first CSD (secondary school council), followed on October 12 by the first School Council (equivalent to the CSD, but for primary schools).
Here is a brief explanation of the role of these councils:
Conseil du second degré (Secondary school council)
It prepares the work of the Conseil d’établissement (CE: overall school council) on all issues relating to the collège and lycée levels, in particular the following:
- the school project, based among other things on proposals from the pedagogical council;
- teaching structures;
- organization of school time and school calendar;
- conditions for accommodating pupils with special educational needs (EBEP);
- projects and organization of school trips;
- issues relating to welcoming and informing parents, and the ways in which they can participate in school life;
- the Collège-Lycée Council’s annual action program;
- the annual action program to prevent all forms of violence, discrimination and harassment;
- the annual action program for education in sustainable development and citizenship.
This council is attended by members of the school administration, teacher representatives, student representatives and parent representatives.
Conseil d’école (Primary school council)
The School Council draws up and votes on the school’s internal regulations.
It participates in drawing up and adopting the school project.
It gives its opinion on matters pertaining to the life of the school, in particular on the following subjects :
- Teaching and educational activities
- Use of resources allocated to the school
- Integration of children with special needs
- Extracurricular activities
- School meals
- School hygiene
- Protection and safety of children in the school and after-school environment
- Respect and application of the values and principles of the Republic
The council is attended by members of the school’s administration (primary school principal), teacher representatives and parent representatives.
Our role as parent representatives is to be your voice on these councils, and to do this we would need to be aware of your questions and concerns. Please complete the following form before Friday October 6 if any items you would like us to cover.
The FLT team