INFO FLT: It’s already Christmas break!
Dear Tokyo Lycée families,
This second period and first quarter are coming to an end and it’s already Christmas break!
In case you haven’t followed messages from the Tokyo Lycée Parents Association regularly, here is a small summary of our actions over the last months:
- We represented the parents at the primary school council, the secondary school council and the school council and provided summaries of these meetings in three languages.
- We took part in the follow-up meeting of the health protocol on November 24th.
- Every month, parents of the association also provide representation on your behalf to continue to improve the school lunch through the canteen commission, please use this link to provide your feedback.
- Together with the Lycée we have organized the discovery week of the canteen (hosting 4 parents a day over a week).
- We met with Mr. Galan, an expert on Japanese language education in France, as well as with the Japanese teaching coordinators of the middle and high schools and school management to share our expectations for the reform of the language curriculum in middle school. The curriculum will certainly evolve in English and in Japanese to ensure continuity with the recently established PARLE and SI language courses in primary school.
- We organized a lycée-café parent meeting on November 30th at the Share Green Aoyama which gathered about 20 participants.
- We held an onboarding session for parent representatives of middle and high school class councils.
- Our inclusive school group organized a meeting for parents of children with special educational needs.
- Our FLT Eco-team organized a beach cleanup in November in collaboration with the Lycée’s Ecology Club and a Christmas eco-decoration workshop.
- Our LFI Tokyo French language group supported the organization of two French reading workshops that took place outside the school on Saturdays in November and December.
- We are creating a working group to promote living together (non-violent communication, prevention of school harassment, cyber-bullying, discrimination, conflict management, etc.).
- We have accompanied several families on individual problems during meetings with the primary and secondary school administration.
- We regularly feed the Line group of parents in the primary school and the email list of parents representatives in the secondary school with information that we believe useful for the families.
- We also pass on your questions to the school administration (content of report cards, change of schedule in SI, etc.).
In short… We have been busy and will continue this daily work in 2023!
The next lycée-café will take place on Wednesday, January 25th at the lycée from 8:30 to 10:30 am, you can register now via this form.
We don’t yet have the dates of the next school council meetings but don’t hesitate to start sending us your questions via this form. It is through these councils (primary, secondary and overall school councils) and certain committees that we can best relay your concerns.
We regularly update the FLT Parent Association public calendar on our website (you can add it to your calendar via this link). For example, the canteen commission will meet on January 10th, the health protocol follow-up meeting will take place on January 11th… Your feedback before these meetings is precious for us!
The next Eco-team children’s workshop on the theme of deforestation will take place on Saturday, January 28th. A workshop on zero waste in the kitchen will also be offered to parents in January. For more information, contact the FLT Ecoteam at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the Facebook page.
We continue to offer sponsorship for FLT parents, see HERE, ideal for new families, or those who feel a bit isolated at the school, whether they are expatriates in Tokyo, locals, French-speaking, Japanese-speaking or English-speaking.
It is obviously not too late to join and support our actions, in a few clicks on our website and for 1000 ¥/year/family (payment by credit card ideal): https://www.familles-lycee-tokyo.com/fr/inscription-en-ligne/
Membership also gives you preferential rates with our partners, see this link.
If you wish to help out in the association, suggest a new working group on a particular subject, please come talk to us! You can also join the Eco-team which is regularly looking for parent volunteers.
If you have any questions or comments about this message, please let us know via our trilingual website https://www.familles-lycee-tokyo.com or at the bottom of this article.
We wish you all a happy holiday season and look forward to seeing you in 2023!
The FLT team